Google

Welcome to Answer Central

All of my answers have been carefully researched and confirmed for accuracy. I have presented them in plain english for everyone to enjoy.

Feel free to ask your own question by leaving me a comment.

Monday, January 14, 2008

From Groom of the Stool to Navel Lint



What is a Groom of the Stool?

The Groom of the Stool was a male servant who had the task of tending to King Henry VIII's
nether region after a number 2. Apparently it was a prized job as it allowed the lucky servant to spend time alone with the King and only the most trusted male servant was chosen.
Henry's successor, King Edward VI
, abolished the position.
Why is belly button lint always blue?

In 2001
, Dr Karl Kruszelnicki undertook a systematic survey to determine the ins and outs of navel lint. He found that navel lint consists primarily of stray fibres from a person's clothing, mixed with some dead skin cells and strands of body hair. Navel lint's characteristic blue tint is due to the existence of blue fibres found in most clothing - a large proportion of underpants and trousers have blue fibres. You can visit Dr Karl's official site here (http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/)

Graham Barker has been collecting his own navel fluff since 1984 you can view this at http://www.feargod.net/fluff

Digg this
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.